dimanche 5 août 2018

Amanda Lear " Summer With Amanda ""

Amanda Lear needs no introduction. We had the chance to interview one of the most iconic stars in Europe and here is what she told us about her life and her new-coming films Metti Una Notte (out on 30th August) and The Incredibles 2 (Italian release date 19th September).


Photo Marco Piraccini

Hello Amanda and thank you very much for accepting our invitation. Having the chance to interview a symbolic artist is something that doesn’t happen everyday. Recently you gave your voice for the second time to Edna Mode, the amazing character from Disney Pixar’s The Incredibles. How was it to impersonate her once again ?

It was a surprise to get a call from Pixar Disney studios 14 years after the first Incredibles! I am the only actress they kept from the original cast, the rest of the dubbing cast was completely changed. Giving my voice to Edna is a wonderful opportunity, especially since I do it in French and in Italian



Edna Mode is especially loved by children. Were you happy to get involved in a project that’s so close to the heart of the young generation ? 

Everybody loves this crazy woman, who is typical of the fashion world of today. She is powerful, straightforward and very funny, all the children recognise me when they hear my voice.

Photo Marco Piraccini

You devoted your latest years to theatre, what does theatre give you in terms of feelings and gratification ?

I must say working as an actress is more interesting than hosting television shows. I have been acting in the theatre in France for 10 years now and I also made a few movies.

                                          Promoting  latest album Let Me Entertain You (2016)

                                                  Amanda performing in the 70s - Instagram

To go back to the cinema world you chose the Italian comedy Metti Una Notte, which is a debut for the director Cosimo Messeri (and will be out on 30th August).

I loved working with him, he is the new breed of Italian directors and will renew the Italian cinema, which was once the best in the world.

Is there another director you liked working with ?

I had the chance to work 40 years ago with Mauro Bolognini for an advert, he was one of the greatest Italian directors.

You said you are not that similar to the eccentric character you are playing in Metti Una Notte. In what sense ? 

It is important for me to impersonate a character who is totally different from me. I am not at all like Edna Mode or like Lulu, my role in Metti una Notte. I am an actress, so I don’t mind if I play the role of a woman older than me, a grandmother, an alcoholic, or whatever the director asks me to portray!



Amanda Lear made such a strong impact on the European culture and for many you will always be the Queen of China Town who used to hang out with Salvador Dalì and seduced David Bowie. What’s your relationship with the public figure called Amanda Lear ?

In fact I am acting all the time, I cant help it. Being on stage singing the Queen of Chinatown was also acting. I was very lucky to be discovered by David Bowie, nobody else believed that I could become an international star. Dalì wanted me all to himself, he was not prepared to share me with my fans and he never accepted my success as a disco singer. But he was happy to see me paint.



During your career you managed to express yourself through different forms of art, from music, to acting and painting. Today, which one represents you better ?

I think painting is what I do best. I adore painting, it is a slow and solitary activity, nobody helps me, nobody tells me what to do.

Have you got any pets ? 

I spend hours all alone in my beautiful house in Provence with my divine cats. I love my animals.



Is there still space for love in your life?

I don’t need to have a man around. I had the most beautiful boyfriends, models, actors, sportsmen, so my love life has been wonderful and exciting.

Have you ever changed your mind about your behaviour or things you said in the past 

No regrets, just happy memories.

Fernando Rey,Kirk Douglas, Dali 

Is there anybody you wish you have met ? 

I met the most incredible people and celebrities, Warhol, Liz Taylor, Bowie, Dalì, Picasso, politicians, etc. But I still have not met the Pope! Being a devoted christian, I hope to meet him some day



What’s your opinion on the new generation of musicians ?

Is there anyone you like? Today there are a lot of new young artists, it is more difficult for them, success comes and goes. I have been 40 years in this business and I must say it is not what it was before! Those girls, Rihanna, Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, etc, are my daughters. They are doing what I was doing when I arrived in Italy. Provocative clothes, nudity, sexy attitude, dancers, lights and smoke. Lots of show effects and not much real singing! In my opinion a real singer is a lady singing in front of a microphone with an orchestra playing music. Thats why I love Streisand, Mina, Milva, Pavone and that’s why I love Italy.

Amanda with best friend Salvo

Although you were born in Asia, grew up in France and lived in London, every Italian feels that you are a part of their cultural background. What was the role of Italy in your life and career ?

Italy is my second country, the country of music, of real singers. I sang in America, but it is not my type of country and I would never live there! I am European and even Mediterranean. Civilization is here in Europe, fashion is here, the good food is here, artists are here.

Direct Link ... @krishaganofficial....Giorgio Laini





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire